Kristian Electric is a strong family business, founded in 1964, providing the best and most trusted service, parts, sales, and rentals of electric overhead cranes, welding equipment, hoists, and material handling equipment. Reaching across Alberta, Saskatchewan, and many other provinces, KEL leads the industry and continues to grow every day. We are always excited to welcome passionate, hard-working individuals to our growing company – your growth and development is the sum of our success!
Position: Technical Crane Sales Representative
Kristian Electric is seeking a Technical Crane Sales Representative at our Saskatoon branch. As the Technical Crane Sales Representative, you will be responsible for providing prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable service to clients who are seeking cranes, crane related parts, hoists, and services. You will introduce, develop, and maintain new and existing customers. Sales targets will be met and exceeded through customer relation building, providing the best project management, and forecasting potential opportunities for revenue. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
• University degree in business, marketing, or communications is an asset
• Experience as a Crane Technician is an asset
• A certified trade ie. Millwright, Electrician, Engineer, etc. is an asset
• 5 years of Technical Crane Sales experience (preferred)
• 5 years of sales experience with an industrial scope
• In-depth technical knowledge of cranes, hoists, parts, and services
• Generate new clients and sales through personal contact with clients, repeat clients and sales leads.
• Establishing on going rapport with existing clients
• Timely & accurate documentation and completion of client orders
• Keep accurate reports of sales calls with respect to sales and prospects. Discuss weekly activities and reports with your supervisor.
• Achieve quarterly sales quotas.
• Advising clients on the most appropriate equipment for their specific needs
• Handling inquiries about equipment function, benefits, pricing, available warranties
• Participate in corporate marketing activities, such as conferences, home and trade shows and open house events, as required.
• Participate in merchandising and promotional activities.
• Ensure accuracy in all transactions, inventory, and procedures.
• Maintaining a high level of product and service knowledge.
• Maintain a professional appearance, demeanor, and attitude always.
• Perform other office duties as required.
• Customer Focus with a positive client-oriented personality. Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with clients.
• Safety oriented
• Highly attentive to details regarding all attributes of an overhead crane (ie. Type, hoist size, load, height, parts, drawings, quotes, customer requests, builder communications, other technical knowledge)
• Integrity, vision, positivity, motivation, enthusiasm, and passion
• Excellent communication, problem solving, mediating, presentation, listening, and negotiating skills
• Accountability, dependability, and sales ethics
• High level of integrity and work ethic.
• Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
• Computer literate with proficiency using basic programs such as Windows and Outlook.
• Stress management
• Possession of a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle.
• If provided with a company motor vehicle the vehicle is to be kept clean and smoke- free.
Expected start date: 2022-01-04
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Why join the Kristian Electric team
As a strong family business, we take great pride in our employees and what we can do to make our employees enjoy their work. Our company culture is built by the people who make up Kristian Electric, and we aim to ensure everyone has a voice and a sense of ownership in the success of our business. We promise exceptional benefits programs, competitive compensation, and safe working conditions. Our inclusive company culture provides employee engagement and opportunities for employees to build themselves to the people they want to be.
We recognize ourselves as an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kristian Electric does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications and business needs.
We are excited to grow - hopefully, you can grow with us!
What We Offer:
Health & Dental benefits
Company pension plan
Friendly work environment
Kristian Electric Ltd.
4215 – 64 Ave SE, Calgary, AB
Kristian Electric Ltd.
14236 121A Avenue, Edmonton, AB
Kristian Electric Ltd.
710 46th Street, Saskatoon, SK
Hours of operation are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Some overtime may be required