• As the Crane Service Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating crane service jobs with technicians and customers, be a primary contact for all service and crane parts inquiries, scheduling of maintenance inspections, service writing, and lead the crane service team regarding all aspects of employee engagement and
evaluations, safety training, and other administrative/clerical duties.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• University degree or college diploma is an asset
• 3-5 years of management or supervisory experience, preferably in a shop environment
• Overhead crane service and parts experience required
• Scheduling experience an asset
• Coordinate and schedule crane service technicians for service calls and jobs
• Organize parts required for servicing and requests from technicians, procurement of materials, and the order desk
• Schedule and track crane maintenance inspections
• Communicating with customers concerning work in progress, acquiring PO numbers, resolving problems and warranties.
• Manage service inquiries – calls, e-mails, walk-ins, etc.
• Prepare and submit quotes to customers
• Prepare purchase orders for parts to complete jobs
• Ability to source parts from multiple vendors
• Complete all service writing tasks
• Collaborate with sales team for service jobs and projects as required – preparing quotes, recommending vendors, briefing, and scheduling technicians, customer service
• Maintaining monthly reports – work hours, vendor invoices, serial numbers, customer service evaluations, parts and job management, inspections, warranty claims, etc.
• Retrieve any required legal and engineering documentation
• Participate in workplace OH & S policies and conduct safety/toolbox meetings
• Other managerial/administrative tasks:
- Delegate tasks to technicians
- Assist safety in maintaining up-to-date training for technicians
- Sign off on scheduling/vacation requests appropriately for direct reports
- Evaluate and provide regular feedback for technicians
- Work with crane operator trainer when needed for projects/jobs
• Possesses a deep understanding of cranes, hoists, parts, tools, and required services for maintenance, installations, and inspections
• Exhibits a collaborative leadership style – builds team spirit and loyalty; provides leadership in influencing and leveraging business partners (internal/external) to achieving the right balance; the ability to prioritize and delegate.
• Fosters high-level accountability through fairness and a proactive performance management system – holds self and others accountable through meetings and commitments, provides frequent constructive feedback, has a player/coach mindset
• Inspires others to build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions
• Safety oriented
• Integrity, vision, positivity, motivation, enthusiasm, and passion
• Excellent communication, problem solving, mediating, presentation, listening, and negotiating skills
• Reliable and influences others to also be reliable, punctual, and have good attendance
• Ability to interact with clients, business associates, and co-workers in a courteous and professional manner
• Attention to details
• Ability to handle stress in a positive manner
• Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to function as part of a team and to request and accept direction as required
Why join the Kristian Electric team
As a strong family business, we take great pride in our employees and what we can do to make our employees enjoy their work. Our company culture is built by the people who make up Kristian Electric, and we aim to ensure everyone has a voice and a sense of ownership in the success of our business. We promise exceptional benefits programs, competitive compensation, and safe working conditions. Our inclusive company culture provides employee engagement and opportunities for employees to build themselves to the people they want to be.
We recognize ourselves as an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kristian Electric does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications and business needs.
We are excited to grow - hopefully, you can grow with us!
What We Offer:
Health & Dental benefits
Company pension plan
Friendly work environment
Kristian Electric Ltd.
4215 – 64 Ave SE, Calgary, AB
Kristian Electric Ltd.
14236 121A Avenue, Edmonton, AB
Kristian Electric Ltd.
710 46th Street, Saskatoon, SK
Hours of operation are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Some overtime may be required